Re: Installation Problem

I would try again uncompressing the files kcl.tar.Z and
akcl-1-609.tar.Z again (in two different directories), and redoing the
commands:

cd akcl
% add-defs sun4 /n/b/kcl
% make -f Smakefile

sparc.h is akcl/h/sparc.h

About 85 people a month install akcl on sun4 systems without
difficulty, so it must work.  I do get one or two letters a month
about sun4's suggesting problems, but almost inevitably when I
reassure them that others have made it, and suggest trying it again
carefully following the README, they find it works (they had an old
akcl version, or had changed something in the kcl directory, or
had run of out of disk space or ..)

Bill