Re: CHPROP problems

Well, do you also object to PLUS, on the grounds that you want to know
whether fixnums, flonums, or bignums are being compared?  Do you want
to ahve a floating point version of >?  Some people like generic
functions.  In this case, I think it is a matter of taste.  If
necessary, to make everyone happy, we could define that < must work on
characters, but that CHAR< exists as an alternate name; I'd prefer not
to do this, though, as it is rather inelegant.