[no subject]

In System 55.12, ZMail 10.0, microcode 715, on Lisp Machine Four:

Is COPYLIST* the replacement for (SUBST NIL NIL ...)?

When I came across the function, my first thought was that it was to
COPYLIST as LIST* is to LIST.  But such a function should be
unnecessary, since COPYLIST ought to be able to handle dotted lists, so
I figured it must do something else.  I can guess that it might be the
SUBST, because I remember that people were talking about defining a
function to do that.  The name itself doesn't suggest it.

Wouldn't COPYTREE be better?