Re: Dave Touretzky's message on macros, destructuring, and functions

What Kent suggests will certainly work.  However, I was hoping to use
the name DESTRUCTURE on the Lisp Machine to be a special form which
is exactly destructuring LET.  Then you can write:

(defun foo (x)
   (destructure (((a b .c) d) x)

to get the simple "destructuring DEFUN", but you could also take several
arguments and destructure one (or many) of them, destructure results of
function calls, etc, all with a very simple form.  I'd like to see the
LispM destructuring LET installed, but under the name DESTRUCTURE.