Re: Clearing up a fine point in your reply to Touretzky

    Date: 1 October 1980 04:02-EDT
    From: Daniel L. Weinreb <DLW at MIT-AI>

    ...  To say that "A macro is still a function, just like a
    FEXPR is" is quite wrong; FEXPRs aren't functions either...

I think actually that he meant a FEXPR is like a macro is like
a normal function is like a special form ... etc. Ie, they all have
at their core a thing called a LAMBDA. A better wording might have been:

"...a macro has associated with it a normal function, just as does a fexpr..."

I agree with the rest of your comments, however.
-kmp