Re: DEFMACRO incompatible

    Date: 28 JAN 1981 0913-EST
    From: RMS at MIT-AI (Richard M. Stallman)

    On the Lisp machine, a list as the first argument to DEFMACRO
    is a function spec saying where to put the macro.
    In Maclisp, a list as the first argument to DEFMACRO specifies
    hairy options for how the macro should work.
Might I humbly suggest that the MacLisp form is more flexible, and
documented, whereas the LISPM one is not?  I have no idea as to the
relative difficulty of conversion.  The LISPM option could be subsumed
by a :WHERE option in the MacLisp scheme.