Re: Flush Old I/O symbols in MacLISP?

    Date: 31 January 1981 06:35-EST
    From: Jon L White <JONL at MIT-MC>

	Date: 30 January 1981 19:52-EST
	From: George J. Carrette <GJC at MIT-MC>
	Subject: Flushable functions?
	I think these symbols are flushable from the default environment:
	UWRITE, UFILE, UKILL, UREAD, UPROBE, UAPPEND, CRUNIT, UCLOSE.
	I can't believe that any system code depends on them or that
	any large-system programmer couldn't do without them.
	For people with old-code I think a well-advertised old-maclisp
	compatibility file would suffice.
    RWK has suggested an autoloadable function  which would simply putprop a
    lot of autoload properties for "useful" MacLISP facilities.  A long
    time ago, such a thing existed on the LIBLSP directory in order to
    put autoload properties for each function thereon.
MACSYMA still uses these, unless someone has finally changed them
very recently.  Not that it should be converted.