Re: destructuring

It would indeed be horrible to have to introduce PROGF, PROGF*, et al.
I think that when you want to introduce new functionality, you should
have new functions (or special forms), rather than changing lots of
things in the existing world to support the new functionality as an
"added feature".  Destructuring is new functionality; there should be a
new special form that does it.  This is far more modular and clean than
having to modify a large number of Lisp special forms to have yet
another feature.  Modifying all lambda-binding special forms to have a
feature that has nothing to do with lambda-binding is what I object to.