Mary had a moby lambda

In my opinion, &AUX is typographically ugly and confusing; I have a lot
of trouble reading programs that use it.  I guess people have different
taste about these things.  I really prefer the way LET looks and I never
use &AUX any more.

I agree that LET should be able to handle multiple values; destructuring
(as in generating calls to CAR or AREF) is too high-level for LET, but
the basic handling of values in function calls is not too high-level.
HOWEVER, I insist that this has nothing at all to do with lambda-lists.
LET is a special form for binding variables to values, and it has
nothing to do with function calling and argument passing; the latter
things are what lambda-lists are about.