Re: Agenda for June meeting

    Date: Wed, 21 Jun 89 16:06:46 MDT
    From: sandra%defun@cs.utah.edu (Sandra J Loosemore)

    Although I requested a half day for compiler, I certainly hope it
    doesn't take us that long.  (I was only reacting to people who told me
    last time that I should have asked for a bigger chunk of time.)  We
    have only a handful of issues and all of them are leftovers from the
    last meeting.  If we rush we could probably get through them all in an
    hour.

I don't believe you can get through them that fast, some will probably
provoke a lot of discussion and you probably won't be willing to tell
people to shut up the instant they open their mouths.  I would allow
an average of 15 minutes an issue (as ten minutes of scheduled time
per issue, plus the rest to allow for things running over and other
unscheduled overhead).

    You have a few compiler issues mixed in with the cleanup ones on your
    list.  These are:

    > Miscellaneous Issues carried over from previous meeting:	(1:45, 2:30)
    > MACRO-CACHING				 5 minutes
    > SYNTACTIC-ENVIRONMENT-ACCESS		10 minutes (but I think this is in the compiler comm)
    >
    > Failed Issues that Might Rise Again:				(0:30)
    > DEFINE-OPTIMIZER			 5 minutes

Thanks, I'll leave these to the compiler committee.

    I don't think that I've ever seen writeups on some of the cleanup
    issues that you had marked as being leftovers from the last meeting.
    Probably the safest procedure would be to distribute copies of all the
    issues on the list, even the ones that might already have been
    distributed at the last meeting.

Good plan.  Now all we have to do is figure out who's responsible for
making the copies.