Implementation blurb: Scheme in Common Lisp

    - Name of implementation:
CLSCH (Scheme embedded in Common Lisp)
    - Implemented by whom:
Jonathan Rees
    - Supported by whom, and to what extent:
Unsupported, although I'll probably continue to improve it.  No promises.
    - Hardware and operating system(s):
Will run in any implementation of Common Lisp.
    - Availability:
In alpha-test now (looking for guinea pigs).  Free.  Distributed as
source via electronic mail or FTP.  (I won't make tapes.)  May
eventually become part of Common Lisp "Yellow Pages."
    - Description of dialect:
Subset.  All of the essential features of RRRSS exist, except for a
correct CALL-WITH-CURRENT-CONTINUATION (some of you will say that it's
not Scheme at all, and I don't disagree); also some of the rest of
RRRSS, and most of the S&ICP dialect.
    - Intended use:
Running existing ERRRSS programs in any Common Lisp.  Not an ideal
development system, since debugging tools are weak.
    - Implementation style:
Low-tech.  A simple compiler translates Scheme into Common Lisp, making
sure that variable binding and tail recursion are done right.  The
output of the compiler can be interpreted by a CL interpreter or
compiled by a CL compiler.
    - Remarks:
I did this mostly for my own personal use.  Maybe other people will find
it useful too.
    - Contact:
Jonathan Rees (JAR@MIT-MC), MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory,
545 Technology Square, Cambridge MA 02139, (617) 253-8581.