CScheme Questions

I'm currently writing a project in Mit-Cscheme, but to do this, I need
to dial in long distance to another computer.  I would *love* to port
Cscheme to the unix machine I'm using at work ... 9600 baud plus being
able to get printouts (without driving 240 miles...) would be wonderful.

I have the cscheme source on the long-distance machine. I've tried to use
"cu" to trasnfer files, but cu chokes, never getting a complete file. I
am at a loss as to how to transfer files when cu chokes, with incompatible
machines: the work system is System V UNIX, while the school machine is
BSD UNIX.

The solution would be to somehow get cscheme sent to my work machine. The
easy way would be to ftp from work, but System V doesn't support ftp. IS
THERE SOME WAY TO GET FILES FROM ANONYMOUS FTP SITES without actually HAVING
ftp? Do I sent email to someone saying "I'd like these files?"

Or can someone *send* me the sources to cscheme?

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY: DOES CSCHEME RUN ON SYSTEM V UNIX? I read the Install
and README files, and System V is *not* mentioned, so I'm not sure. I don't
want to go through all this effort (and waste of time) for *nothing*.

THIS REALLY IS URGENT AND IMPORTANT; ALL RESPONSES WILL BE GREATLY
APPRECIATED!

Thank you,
 Roger Espinosa
 ...!att!ihlpn!rre

or, should that fail,

  rre@zip.eecs.umich.edu

(But I need scheme for the "ihlpn" machine :-)