Unforwarding cells

What is the proper way to make a cell stop forwarding to another cell?

I read from page 22 of volume 8:

	To forward one arbitrary cell to another, given two locatives do

	(sys:%p-store-tag-and-pointer locative1
	        sys:dtp-one-q-forward locative2)

This works fine, but there is no indication anywhere of how to make
locative1 not forward anymore.  The following works, and provides error
checking if I try to read from the location without putting something
else there:

	(sys:%p-store-tag-and-pointer locative1 sys:dtp-null 0)

Will this cause me grief later?  Is there an official way to do this?