How can I rename files in LMFS just to change the alphabetic case?

    Date: Wed, 2 Dec 87 10:26 EST
    From: Scott McKay <SWM@SAPSUCKER.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

        Date: Tue, 1 Dec 87 17:26 EST
        From: Roland Zito-Wolf <RJZ@JASPER.Palladian.COM>

            Date: Tue, 1 Dec 87 09:44 EST
            From: Scott McKay <SWM@SAPSUCKER.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

                Date: Tue, 1 Dec 87 06:35 EST
                From: Jeffrey Mark Siskind <Qobi@ZERMATT.LCS.MIT.EDU>

                There seems to be some very annoying behavior in LMFS regarding alphabetic
                case in files names.

        For that matter, why cant one set up some general mode flag which causes all
        pathnames to get put into a generic form (say, uppercase the host and lowercase the
        rest)? Dont tell me the filesystem is case-sensitive!

    It depends which filesystem.  Unix is case-sensitive.  The point is that
    such a "general mode flag" needs to be per pathname-host type.

Ah, I think we're ONLY talking about LMFS, or am I missing something?