Zmail question - setting "From:" addresses.

I am trying to customise my Zmail environment, now that i'm
converting from UNIX mail...I would like to have the From address
which Zmail inserts in my outgoing mail to be different than the
place i actually read my mail (The LISPM) - mainly to help those
sites that are not running domain resolvers reach me...

My LISPM is called ALEX (address:  alex.ctt.bellcore.com) and
the host object has the MAIL-TO-USER service over TCP and CHAOS.

So my domain is ctt.bellcore.com, whose domain resolution machine
is a SUN called CTT (ctt.ctt.bellcore.com).

Now, if on my user object in the namespace, i put a mail address of
pc ALEX,  then my outgoing address becomes pc@ALEX.ctt.bellcore.com
which is not what i want.  (Also, even though i have the MAIL-TO-USER
service, i seem to be unsuccessful in having mail actually delivered
to the host i use.  Do i have to have STORE-AND-FORWARD also for that
LISPM?  It's already on the LISPM which is our central name/mail/print
server).

If i put the address as pc CTT, then incoming mail will be redirected
to the CTT machine, and while i suppose i could probably put a
forwarding alias there to redirect it back to my LISPM, i feel there
should be a better way.  I need a way of overriding the From address.

Any ideas (short of totally hacking the mailer software)?
pc