Re: Quick question about lexically scoped defun...

    All the complexity in that function is to be able to ask an intelligent
    question.  If you don't want the question asked, replace it with:

    (DEFUN ENCLOSE-TOP-LEVEL (LAMBDA ENV NAME)
      ENV)

    I agree that there should be a parameter to control this.

In answer to the question which I just sent out, this is what happens
if you do the above patch:

Error: Cannot find LAMBDA expression for TOP-LEVEL

COMPILE
   Arg 0 (SYS:FUNCTION-SPEC): TOP-LEVEL
   --Defaulted args:--
   Arg 1 (COMPILER:LAMBDA-EXP): NIL
s-A, :    Return to Query Loop
s-B:           Return to Lisp Top Level in Dynamic Lisp Listener 1
s-C:           Restart process Dynamic Lisp Listener 1
 Abort Abort
Return to Query Loop

What can I do to fix this?
        Jeff