si:reorder-memory in Genera 7.2

I recently installed Genera 7.2 on our machines.  I also built a
utilities incremental world (TCP, Print, etc.) on top of the Genera
7.2 world, without doing any optimizing of the world.  On top of the
utilities world, I then built a rather large (45,800 blocks)
incremental world with the software we develop here.  The software
calls si:reorder-memory after everything is loaded.  Doing this with
Genera 7.2 increased the world size by 10,000 blocks.  This seems
pretty radical.  Has anyone had a similar problem?  Can anyone tell me
why this might happen?

Thanks very much.
-------