Making cursors appear in program frameworks

    Date: Wed, 27 Jul 88 02:18 EDT
    From: pan@Athena.Pangaro.Dialnet.Symbolics.Com (Paul Pangaro)

	Date: Tue, 26 Jul 88 23:15 EDT
	From: Henry@AI.AI.MIT.EDU (Henry Lieberman)

        [Henry's message deleted...]

    You can actually have other windows, as you probably know (this was
    missing in pre 7.2 documentation). You need to hand edit a form such as:

    (SCENARIO :DISPLAY :flavor eop-editor
		 :blinker-p T :blinker-deselected-visibility nil)

    from a :PANES clause in the DW:DEFINE-PROGRAM-FRAMWORK that you get from
    Frame-up. eop-editor is my flavor, based on zwei:standalone-editor-pane.

    (1) [stuff deleted...]

    (2) the assertions :blinker-p T :blinker-deselected-visibility nil get
    an error on initial compile/load of the bin; claim is the :DISPLAY pane
    does not take those :init-options. However, leaving them there and
    compiling in the buffer wins! This latter is an example of many such
    oddities on incremental compilation (:label is another). Would love some
    response on this from the revelopers [sic].

I have sent a bug-report on this same problem to Customer Reports (no
response yet).  Upon further investigation on my part, it seems that
when the program frame code looks up the flavor (in this case
eop-editor) in order to check that it accepts those options, the code
looks up the flavor in the run-time rather than the compile-time
environment.  A workaround for this, aside from compiling it in the
buffer, is to put the definition of eop-editor in a separate file which
is loaded before the program frame definition is compiled.

Laura