strange behavior for fs:set-logical-pathname-host

I had this problem once and the reason is that at sometime Symbolics
decided that they should check that a logical host does not have the
same name as some other physical host.  Obviously if there are a lot
of physical hosts this takes a long time.  You can suppress this by
specifying :NO-SEARCH-FOR-SHADOWED-PHYSICAL T in the
FS:SET-LOGICAL-PATHNAME-HOST form.  I don't know if this is documented
or not.  I routinely put this in my FS:SET-LOGICAL-PATHNAME-HOST forms
as it has never caused me any problem and I don't want to spend the
time searching for other hosts with the same name.

Hope this helps,

Art