Re: MacIvory, etc

Mabry Tyson <TYSON@warbucks.ai.sri.com> writes:

> [A good note that the AAAI MacIvory demo may be slower than the
>  delivered version] .....
>
> But speed is not the only parameter!    .....

Agreed!  I personally would prefer working on a Symbolics, and previously
convinced my former employers to change their order of 6 TI lispms to
Symbolics.  However, performance characteristics are good ammunition
when justifying purchases to managers in industry, who have a harder
time understanding the importance of the S/W development environment. :-)

                                              - Marty Hall