MacIvory prices

    Date: Fri, 2 Sep 88 10:44 EDT
    From: SWM@sapsucker.scrc.symbolics.com (Scott McKay)

	Date: Thu, 1 Sep 88 22:20 CDT
	From: Gumby@MCC.COM (David Vinayak Wallace)

	    Date: Thu, 1 Sep 88 15:57:12 EDT
	    From: sterling@cims.nyu.edu (John Sterling)
							       Unfortunately, we
	    are told there is an additional $8k for the "MacIvory Devlopement
	    Software."

	What's in the "development" package that's not in the delivery package?
	EVAL, perhaps?  (only a semi-joke -- a certain mac implementation
	features EVAL as a seperately loadable package).

    Zwei.  Zmail.  The Debugger.  Metering.  Most of the compiler.  You get
    the idea...

How do you take out the debugger?  What does it do when the application
gets an error?

In fact, many of us consider the debugger to be part of the OS.  We use
ERROR-RESTART and depend on the debugger to let the user restart using
proceed options.

Also, when you said "Zwei", I hope you meant "Zmacs".  I imagine there
are many applications that use Zwei standalone editor windows for
accepting input from the user, and I can't see why you wouldn't want
these to port to MacIvory delivery environments.

                                                barmar