Symbolics/Intellicorp Announcement

    Date: Tue, 14 Mar 89 14:32 EST
    From: Mark@alderaan.scrc.symbolics.com (Mark Graffam)

    SYMBOLICS ANNOUNCES A JOINT DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT WITH INTELLICORP
	      TO DELIVER KEE ON NEW SYMBOLICS WORKSTATIONS

Does KEE do anything hardware specific that makes it less than trivial
to port it to Ivory?  A fundamental design goal of Ivory was that it
would be source-compatible with 3600, and in my (albeit limited)
experience they met this goal adequately.  Porting a software-only
system from 3600 to Ivory should not be much harder than porting from
Genera 7.1 to 7.2 was.  I imagine that some interesting stuff could come
out of the MacIvory side of this announcement (e.g. a MacIvory version
of KEE that uses the Macintosh style of user interface), but what's the
significance of the XL400 side of the agreement?

                                                barmar