Request for MAC/Ivory info

A quite remote user writes:

What is the latest on the best Mac to acquire for running MacIvory? On
the face of it, MaxIIx seems to be the one; but I hear that there is
a much faster MacIIcr coming out in a few weeks. The urgent question:
does the Ivory run on the MacIIcr --- which I believe is a 33MHz version
of the 6 slot MacIIx.

How much SIMM memory does one need to be impressive? What are the
fastest SCSI disks? What monitors are best?

With apologies for the generality of the questions, any advice
appreciated.

Thank you.