Request for MAC/Ivory info

    Date: Sat, 30 Sep 89 10:27 EDT
    From: pan@Athena.Pangaro.Dialnet.Symbolics.Com (Paul Pangaro)

    A quite remote user writes:

    What is the latest on the best Mac to acquire for running MacIvory? On
    the face of it, MaxIIx seems to be the one; but I hear that there is
    a much faster MacIIcr coming out in a few weeks. The urgent question:
    does the Ivory run on the MacIIcr --- which I believe is a 33MHz version
    of the 6 slot MacIIx.

There's no such machine as the one described above.  To my knowledge,
there's no imminent announcement of such a machine either.

The only newly announced machine is the IIci.  Due to architectural
changes in that machine, MacIvory needed some software changes in order
to coexist with the machine.  Said changes will be part of Genera 8.0.

    How much SIMM memory does one need to be impressive? What are the
    fastest SCSI disks? What monitors are best?

    With apologies for the generality of the questions, any advice
    appreciated.

    Thank you.