What's NewSpeak for TV:MULTIPLE-MENU-CHOOSE?

    Date: Thu, 30 Nov 89 13:11 PST
    From: Robert D. Pfeiffer <RDP@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM>

    It's not at all clear to me how to use modern presentation-based
    functionality to achieve the effect of the old TV:MULTIPLE-MENU-CHOOSE.
    For example, I want users to get a pop-up menu of the elements of a
    set (sequence) of which they can choose more than one.  This behavior
    should occur by accepting a presentation of a particular type (for
    example, GENERAL-SUBSET).

    Ideas anyone?

    Is this srea (i.e., old menu styles) simply a big hole in the new UI
    system?

If the elements of the set are all symbols, then the SUBSET presentation
type does what you want.

                                                barmar