SLUG Meeting with Symbolics VP Customer Service

Date: Wed, 24 Jan 90 09:52 PST
From: Eric Buckman <BUCKMAN@ALAN.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com>
Subject: SLUG Meeting with Symbolics VP Customer Service
To: "eagle::slug-president%ai.sri.com"@Kahuna
cc: slug@ALAN.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com

    Date: Tue, 23-Jan-90 23:11:46-PST
    Date: Tue, 23 Jan 90 12:15 EST
    From: pan@Athena.Pangaro.Dialnet.Symbolics.Com (Paul Pangaro)

    Pursuant to recent meetings of the SLUG Board with Symbolics, Mr Ken Tarpey
    and I will be meeting in about two-weeks' time. In particular we will discuss
    the recent quarter's loss by Symbolics and the approaches and considerable
    energies that are being brought to bear on the problem. We will also pursue
    any other current topics in the relationship between SLUG and Symbolics.
[......]

It seems that over the years SLUG has let Symbolics slide on it's promises.  I'd
suggest that at the meeting Symoblics update the status of EACH of the items you
mentioned in the review of the last SLUG/Symbolics meeting.  I remember several
dates mentioned in that letter,  and it would be helpful to have Symbolics
respond about their progress on each item, and then, to keep them honest, SLUG
should mail out their Symbolics progress report regularily over SLUG e-mail.
[I don't mean this to be flaming, it is intended to be a constructive comment
on how SLUG can approach the problem of getting Symbolics to follow through on
issues.]