NFS write problem

   I have mounted a lisp machine file system under unix. There is no problem
reading files or doing cd or ls. But when I try writing all I get is an empty
file. The unix machine logs an "NFS write error 5". Any clues as to what is
going on or advice on debugging this are appreciated.

   Since genera has different file protection scheme than unix, all files list
as having rw-rw-rw- protection from the unix side. The empty file entry lists
rw-------. Where is this info stored in the lisp file? Perhaps this protection
mixup is causing it to deny writing the file?

Bill <bouma@cs.purdue.edu>  ||  ...!purdue!bouma