NFS write problem

But error 5 is NFS-ERR-IO, which is the catch-all I/O error.  If the server
gets an error for which there is no specific translation to NFS errors it
produces this error code.

I think I used to see this error when there were problems with packet
sizes.  For instance, if the client asked to read a block larger than the
Lispm's max datagram size (about 2k bytes in 7.2) it would get an error
trying to send such a large packet.  On writing, perhaps the Unix machine
is trying to send a datagram too large for the Lispm to reassemble.  Make
sure you set the wsize and rsize parameters in the Unix fstab as specified
in the Lispm NFS documentation.