Documentation for 8.0

    Date: Tue, 6 Mar 90 12:12:15 PST
    From: randy@atc.boeing.com (Randy Groves)

    Well we have never complained about having too many copies of the documentation.
    For some reason or other (possibly the slowness) almost all of the folks here
    do not use the Document Examiner, but rely prtty much on the hardcopy.  How
    about giving us all those copies fromthe people who think they're getting too
    many??

    Seriously, I was expecting to have ALL of our copies updated - with the amount
    of money that we've been paying over the years for full software support, I think
    we deserve it.  I find the 'new' policy very irritating, and having to pay
    more for the sets of documentation is really a rip-off.  We have been paying
    for full subscription support on ALL of our copies of system software - there
    has been no change in category of support that I am aware of.

    -randy groves - Boeing Advanced Technology Center
    UUCP:	   ..!uw-beaver!bcsaic!randy          USNail: Boeing Computer Services
    Internet:  randy@atc.boeing.com,randy@boeing.com      PO Box 24346 M/S 7L-68
    VOICE:	   (206)865-3424   			      Seattle, WA   98124

The users at our site are all in one room so we only need one set of manuals.
Randy's site is much more spread out and needs more manuals.
I think Symbolics should keep a current database system about what each site has
and needs.  I constantly have had problems with the local Symbolics office
and the Chatsworth office knowing how our site is configured.
The last time I got update tapes for TCP/IP and FORTRAN I got four
copies of each whereas I only needed one.
I suggest that a query system could be set up inexpensively either via e-mail or phone
which could keep a database current.

Don Kaiser  -  Boeing Military Airplanes
UUCP:	   ..!uw-beaver!bcsaic!buddha!dlk
VOICE:	   (206)393-6219