Future of Customer Support???

About half of the Chatworth CA Customer Support Staff has been layed off
or left due to uncertainties over the past few months.

Up until six months ago, Symbolics had one of the best Customer Support
groups in the industry.  They used to answer the phone directly,
understand the system, give intelligent advice and in generaly work very
hard at making users happy.  They were not *perfect* they they were, and
the remaining ones are, far better than what other vendors call
"Support".

It is my understanding that that the remaining Customer Support people
will be FIRED within the next one or two weeks!  The official
explanation is that Customer Support is being moved to Burlington.

	1. Is Symbolics going to relocate it experienced staff?
	2. Will they receive financial compensation for the move?
	3. Why on Earth do this?

If the answer to 1) is NO, how is Symbolics planning to provide Customer
Support?

	4. Should I start calling the developers with my questions?
	5. Cancel my maintenance, and spend the money on consultants?

Could Symbolics Management please post a reply to slug@ai.sri.com.

Than you,
Leslie Walko
attila@bellcore.com