[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Keywords as DEFSTRUCT slots; also, EQUALP on DEFSTRUCT instances
- To: att!ai.sri.com!slug@Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM
- Subject: Keywords as DEFSTRUCT slots; also, EQUALP on DEFSTRUCT instances
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Tue, 12 Jun 1990 11:24:00 -0400
- Original-from: Larry Mayka <iexist!lgm>
CLtL/2e implies that the package of a DEFSTRUCT slot name is irrelevant
- only the symbol's print name is used. (SLOT-VALUE could tell the
difference if it is applicable to DEFSTRUCT instances, but I don't know
if that's even been decided yet!) When the package is irrelevant - the
other similar situation that comes to mind is that of the LOOP macro's
keywords - my personal preference is to use symbols in the keyword
package, but the Symbolics compiler (Genera 7.2) seems to choke when I
(DEFSTRUCT STRUC :A)
Shouldn't this work?
Also, can I portably expect EQUALP to compare DEFSTRUCT instances slot
by slot, and to expect EQUAL not to do so? CLtL/2e seems to say this,
but then appears to contradict it elsewhere.
Lawrence G. Mayka
AT&T Bell Laboratories
P.S. I was the one who asked about using the Meta key over Telnet.
Sorry I forgot my signature.