Package failing validation function

I define a package called BECL which uses the CL package and the BECLI
package (the latter exporting local extensions to Common Lisp).  From
BECL I export all the symbols for which the CL package also exports plus
the extensions.

I also define a package called BECL-USER which uses BECL.  So here's the
package hierarchy:

				SCL   CL
				|   /  |
				|  /   |
				BECLI  |
				|      |
				 \    /
				  BECL

			       BECL-USER

However, compiling (c-sh-d) or evaling (c-sh-e) in a zmacs buffer:

    (in-package :becl-user)

results in this message appearing:

Warning -- the value #<Package BECL-USER #o124336045> for GLOBAL:PACKAGE failed the validation function;
  the standard value for it will not be changed.

Note, the attribute list is:

;;; -*- Mode: LISP; Syntax: Common-Lisp; Base: 10; Package: BECL-USER -*-

If the attribute list is something else, say CL-USER, then no such
warning message is displayed.  The warning message does appear when I
compile the file for the zmacs buffer.

What gives?  How can I fix this?

[Note: 3650, Genera 7.2]

Steve
--
Stephen L. Nicoud  <snicoud@atc.boeing.com>  uw-beaver!bcsaic!snicoud
Boeing Advanced Technology Center for Computer Sciences