symbolics salescreatures

    Date: Wed, 20 Jun 90 17:30 EDT
    From: Qobi@ZERMATT.LCS.MIT.EDU (Jeffrey Mark Siskind)

	I'm kind of ticked off at the nonchalant attitude the symbolics
	salespeople exibit.  I have called a Symbolics sales office on two
	occasions and left my number.  I have never gotten a return phone
	call.  Once I actually spoke to a real live person in sales except
	that he refused to quote me prices saying I had to talk to a sales rep
	and that I should call back in "a couple months."

    I also ran into the same problem. About six months ago I called up
    Symbolics to ask for sales literature on CLOE and was told to speak
    to "my sales rep". Well I don't have a sales rep so I talked to the
    Symbolics maintenance person at MIT. He told me that he would request
    the info for me. I reminded him several times and he said that he
    had requested the info and that I would be getting it soon. Well,
    I never got it.
	    Jeff

Right, sometimes (when we're a good bet to make some purchases) we get good
support from our salesman.  The problem seems to be that the salesman does not
have a good support network.  For instance, a couple of weeks ago, there was
e-mail about a paper that described converting issues in going from DW to CLIM,
the e-mail said to the sales offices would have that info.  We called them, and
not only didn't they have a copy, they didn't even know what we were talking
about!  After a few calls and a few weeks, we finally gave up trying to get
this info from the sales office because we figured we could get the info at
SLUG.