[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: IEXIST!att!ai.sri.com!slug@Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM
- Subject: Hash tables
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 1990 09:05:00 -0400
- In-reply-to: <19900731172134.6.BARMAR@OCCAM.THINK.COM>
- Original-from: Larry Mayka <iexist!lgm>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 90 13:21 EDT
From: Barry Margolin <barmar@Think.COM>
Since non-EQ structures can never be EQUAL or EQUALP, there's no reason
the hash table implementation should hash on the structure contents.
I thought that the eventual decision of X3J13 was that distinct
DEFSTRUCT structures were indeed EQUALP if their corresponding slots
were EQUALP. This is the definition on page 109 of CLtL/2e, anyway.
Lawrence G. Mayka
AT&T Bell Laboratories