FWD>to forward...

I have a facility (876 lines of code) that supports various hardcopy
operations for dynamic windows.  It scales and orients the full virtual window
to fit on one page 2, or 4 pages.  It also generates postscript files with the
bounding box comments.  It doesn't depend on graphic operations working
properly on hardcopy streams (they didn't in 7.2) but it also does not try to
handle grey levels.  It doesn't require coming up with redisplay code.  It
doesn't produce mirror images.  Several commands are defined for standard
dynamic lisp listeners, but my uses involve calling its main function.

1HARDCOPY-WINDOW0:1 0(WINDOW &KEY (SOURCE :VIRTUAL-WINDOW) (ZOOM 1) TITLE PRINTER
PATHNAME (CLOSE-BLINKERS T) (ANNOUNCEMENT TV:*SCREEN-HARDCOPY-ANNOUNCEMENT*)
(TILING-HYSTERISIS 0.1) DATA-CREATION-DATE

Sources can be :VIRTUAL-WINDOW, :VIEWPORT, or :VIEWPORT-PORTION specified with
the mouse.

Let me know if this facility addresses your requirements.