Dumb memory compatibility question

    Date: Fri, 19 Oct 90  16:28:36 EDT
    From: delaney@xn.ll.mit.edu (John R. Delaney)

    Among which 36XX models are memory baords interchangeable?
Since all 36xx's use the LBUS, in THEORY, they should all be interchangeable.

    In particular, could boards fromm a 3640 or a 3645 go in a 3670?
In practice, if they are large memory boards, yes.  If they are SLB's I believe
the answer in the field is no only because there were brackets on the back
of the backplane that prevented you from inserting them properly.
There were some rumors about a conversion kit, but I don't know if they
were true or for in-house use only.

    Thanks in advance,

    John (the cannibal)