How to get the CURRENT SCREEN.

    Date: Tue, 20 Nov 1990 11:05:44 EST
    From: RUSHING@TITAN.KSC.NASA.GOV (Sam Rushing)

	    Is there a 'legal' way to get hold of the current screen or
    console object?

	    We're using some of the TV pop-up menu stuff, because it's
    quicker and slicker for our application, and often end up specifying
    :SUPERIOR arguments to TV:MAKE-WINDOW.  I guess we're looking for a
    quick replacement for TV:MAIN-SCREEN.  I just checked TV:WINDOW-UNDER-MOUSE
    over X, and it seems to do the wrong thing.  Where's the magic gateway
    variable?  *CURRENT-PROCESS*?  *TERMINAL-IO*?

    Any suggestions?

    -Sam Rushing
    rushing@titan.ksc.nasa.gov

All the UX code uses (tv:mouse-default-superior).  In fact we've changed
CHOOSE-VARIABLE-VALUES as follows (since it's only the arglist it can't
violate non-distribution of code can it?):

(DEFUN CHOOSE-VARIABLE-VALUES (VARIABLES &KEY (LABEL "Choose Variable Values")
					      FUNCTION
					      (NEAR-MODE '(:MOUSE))
					      WIDTH
					      (EXTRA-WIDTH 10.)
					      (MAX-LINES CHOOSE-VARIABLE-VALUES-MAX-LINES)
					      MARGIN-CHOICES
					      (SUPERIOR (tv:mouse-default-superior))
			       &AUX OSW)
Don Mitchell			dmitchell@trc.amoco.com