Sym to MAC

This may be more of a MAC question than a Symbolic's, but ...

I am trying to copy files to and fro a MAC.  But there doesn't
seem to be a System Type for MAC in the namespace.  I've tried
a few, and had the most success using just a dummy (random) type.

I am using NCSA Telnet 2.3 on the MAC, and am using services

Service: CONFIGURATION TCP CONFIGURATION
Service: FILE UDP TFTP
Service: FILE TCP TCP-FTP
Service: LISPM-FINGER UDP LISPM-FINGER
Service: LOGIN TCP TELNET
Service: SEND TCP SMTP
Service: SHOW-USERS TCP ASCII-NAME
Service: STORE-AND-FORWARD-MAIL TCP SMTP

(which is a copy of the services that I use for a Unix machine
 and seem to work fine there - not that I totally understand
 all this stuff.)

I can copy files to the MAC ok.  My problem is I don't know
how to reference a specific folder on the MAC to which to
copy the files.  They currently go into whatever directory
I have defined on the MAC as my "Transfer Directory".  But
with what I've seem to be able to do with my UNIX copies,
I was wondering if there is some kind of pathname convention
that would work when copying to the MAC, or if I
need to create a new system type.

Any help would be great!

   ... Rick