a framework question

    Date: Wed, 8 May 91 12:57:12 PDT
    From: huang%crcvax@bypass.span.nasa.gov (CHIEN Y. HUANG)

    Fellow SLUGgers:

    I used define-program-framework to create a menu-driven application on our
    color screen.  In Genera 7.2, all I had to do was to use the :superior
    keyword in the call as shown below:

    (dw:define-program-framework test
      :select-key #\o
->    :system-menu t
      .
      .
      :superior (color:find-color-screen :createp t)
      ...)

    We just loaded Genera 8.0, and sure enough the program no longer goes to the
    color screen.  Instead it displays on our black-and-white monitor.  I've
    tried other simple framework programs given in the Symbolics documentation,
    and they all have the same symptoms:  it works in 7.2, but not in 8.0.

    Now, did Symbolics changed this option?  What needs to be done to get your
    framework up on a color monitor in 8.0?

    Thanks for the help

    C. Huang

    reply address:		huang%crcvax@bypass.span.nasa.gov

Add :system-menu t then try the command processor command "Select Activity Test"
which allows you specify on what sheet (screen) the output is to appear on.