a framework question

    Date: Wed, 8 May 91 16:28 EDT
    From: grisius@ALDERAAN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM (Matthew A. Grisius)

	Date: Wed, 8 May 91 12:57:12 PDT
	From: huang%crcvax@bypass.span.nasa.gov (CHIEN Y. HUANG)

	I used define-program-framework to create a menu-driven application on our
	color screen.  In Genera 7.2, all I had to do was to use the :superior
	keyword in the call as shown below:

	(dw:define-program-framework test
	  :select-key #\o
    ->    :system-menu t
	  .
	  .
	  :superior (color:find-color-screen :createp t)
	  ...)

    Add :system-menu t then try the command processor command "Select Activity Test"
    which allows you specify on what sheet (screen) the output is to appear on.

I think grisius may be missing the point.

What if I simply want the frame to live under the color screen. I don't
want it in the system menu and I don't want the user to have to type
"Select Activity Test".

>From what you are saying, my software has to call something like
(si:com-select-activity "Test" (color:find-color-screen)) or
(dw:find-program-window 'test :superior (color:find-color-screen)).

Whilst actually what I wanted to do was simple tell the program
definition what type of superior its frame should find. Especially in
the case of (if (not (color:color-exists-p)) tv:main-screen
		(funcall (intern "FIND-COLOR-SCREEN" 'color) :create-p T))
ie. color is first option, otherwise B&W.

What does .
	  :superior (color:find-color-screen :createp t)
actually do?

Is the problem that if this were not ignored, the program frame
definition would point to a specific color screen instance as its
superior, rather than finding the screen dynamically at tv:make-window
time? ie. the argument to :superior is evaluated at load time.