more on framework question

>From previous mails

	I used define-program-framework to create a menu-driven application on our
	color screen.  In Genera 7.2, all I had to do was to use the :superior
	keyword in the call as shown below:

	(dw:define-program-framework test
	  :select-key #\o
    ->    :system-menu t
	  .
	  .
	  :superior (color:find-color-screen :createp t)
	  ...)

    Add :system-menu t then try the command processor command "Select Activity Test"
    which allows you specify on what sheet (screen) the output is to appear on.

P. Paine commented:

    ===> I think grisius may be missing the point.

	What if I simply want the frame to live under the color screen. I don't
	want it in the system menu and I don't want the user to have to type
	"Select Activity Test".

CORRECT, I DON'T WANT THE USER HAVE TO TYPE "SELECT ACTIVITY TEST".  OF COURSE,
I CAN WRITE A COMMAND (A LA SI:COM-SELECT-ACTIVITY..) AND PUT AT THE END OF THE
FILE SO THAT FRAME WILL ALWAYS GO TO THE COLOR SCREEN.

	What does .
		  :superior (color:find-color-screen :create-p t)
	actually do?

THE OPTION :SUPERIOR IS SUPPOSED TO FIND WHAT SCREEN IS DEFINED AS THE PARENT
SCREEN AND USE THAT RATHER THAN THE DEFAULT (WHICH IS ALWAYS THE B&W MONITOR).
THIS OPTION WORKED VERY WELL IN 7.2, BUT OBVIOUSLY IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED IN
8.0 (OR IN SOME OTHER FASHION).

THE WORKAROUND grisius HAS SUGGESTED IS ACCEPTABLE, BUT I STILL WANT TO KNOW
WHY :SUPERIOR OPTION WAS REMOVED.

I'd like to thank P. Paine for his comments.

C. Huang