8.1 color screen creation

I noticed several weeks ago that COLOR:MAKE-COLOR-SCREEN no longer works
without arguments in 8.1, and COLOR:CREATE-COLOR-SCREEN without
arguments uses an AVV menu. Both cases complicate the creation of a
color screen from within a program. Fortunately (?), one can save the
parameters in a .CFG file on the local FEP.

Now, is there a better way to create a screen programmatically than

(apply #'color:make-color-screen (color:get-color-setup <symbol>))

where <symbol> is a configuration name in the .CFG file?

Given the growing complexity of the color system, I suppose such a move
was necessary, but it seems rather painful.

John Krieger (s9274@srl1.lanl.gov)
Westinghouse Savannah River Company