Survey

Neal,

My survey response,

1. Are you currently interested in Statice?  Are you currently using Statice?
Both using and interested in Statice    X
Only interested in Statice
Neither interested nor using Statice

2. How many Statice based applications are you developing, and how
many have you already deployed?	  1 developed and deployed (not heavily used). Sigh.

3. Would you be interested in purchasing a version of Portable Statice?
Very much
Somewhat    X
Not at all

4. When do you anticipate you would need a version of Portable Statice?
Six months to one year   X
One to two years
Two to five years
Five years or more

5. Are you interested in becoming a Development Partner?
Very much
Somewhat
Not at all   X  (I'll ask, but I'm 90% sure the answer will be no.)

(Optional) Please describe your Statice applications.
Database of alarm and sensor information.
Database of common memory locations used by computers in a distributed control system.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer these questions.

PS.

We would be more interested in Statice if it had more features that one
gets used to in a traditional database.  Some of the things I'm thinking
of would come under the heading of "utilities."  For example, schema
evolution is awkward in Statice.  And the query facility is a bit weak.
Have you looked into the Object SQL stuff?  Then there are features that
other ODB's are touting that I wish Statice had, such as object versions
and gateways to other databases.  But getting Statice onto a Unix box is
absolutely imperative to us considering it seriously.  Good luck.