Request for advice on CHAOS connection being broken due to time

    Date: Thu, 22 Aug 91 20:54 EDT
    From: pan@athena.pangaro.dialnet.symbolics.com (Paul Pangaro)
    This error occurs at the end of reading in a very long file, whose last
    form says "make the image", which then takes a long time. Just recently
    we went above some threshold, beyond which the fileserver gets unhappy.
    Without sources handy on-line and no documentation that I can find after
    looking, is there some simple timer somewhere that I can change the value
    of, to get this to be a bit more patient. Thanks.

1    Error: Attempt to send a packet to broken CHAOS Connection for NFILE to A.
0    While in the function CHAOS:BAD-CHAOS-CONNECTION-STATE  CHAOS:SEND-PKT  (FLAVOR:METHOD :SEND-OUTPUT-BUFFER CHAOS:BINARY8-OUTPUT-STREAM-MIXIN)

    The condition signalled was CHAOS:CHAOS-CONNECTION-LOST

I would bet that this isn't a timeout, but rather the server on the
other end got an error of some sort, or ran out of packet buffers, or
some similar lossage, on the remote end. I would investigate closely
the state of the remote machine's server process and network.  You
might try setting SYS:TRACE-CONDITIONS on the other machine while you
do your transfer.

G'luck.