Re: Problems with the 8.1 distribution tapes

We here had no problems with the EMBEDDING-SUPPORT files being garbage. The
ones we loaded on our 36XX systems and our MacIvory seem to work fine.
Those include for the 36XX system the X-REMOTE-SCREEN stuff.

However, one of the two source tapes was unreadable when we first went to
use it and had to be replaced. (Luckily, the Burlington office of Symbolics
is a 5-10 minute drive away.) So maybe your tapes were marginal and now are
bad.

John