Re: NFS write from emacs (on an SGI) to lispm hangs-up forever

We have DECs (3100s and 5000s), IRISs, Suns (3 & 4) talking to our two Symbolics
(3650) file servers.  We have had problems with packet sizes.  In the /etc/fstab
file on these machines we have had to make some modifications.  For an iris not running
automount the /etc/fstab entries look like:

alexandria:/              /u8             nfs noauto,rsize=1024,wsize=1024,bg 0 0
enterprise:/u9            /u9             nfs noauto,bg,hard 0 0
hippo:/u11                /u11            nfs bg,hard 0 0

Where Alexandria is the Symbolics.  For Suns and DEC running automount there is NO
entry in the /etc/fstab but in /etc/auto.direct we have (on Sun):

/u8 -rw,rsize=1024,wsize=1024   alexandria:/
/u9                     enterprise:/u9
/u10                    hippo:/u10

Now we have had some strange bugs when an entry was in the fstab and in the auto.direct
or when the sizes were not correct.

Hope this is helpful,
  Dave
-------