lispm as unix-lpd host?

    Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1991 19:59 EDT
    From: drstrip@cs.sandia.gov (David R. Strip)

    I know that the lispm can print via unix-lpd to
    a unix box, but can the lispm (which is the
    print server for our lispms (plural) provide
    lpd service to the unix boxes?
    The namespace editor will allow me to add
    a service triple of hardcopy tcp unix-lpd
    for the lispm host, but the unix sysadms will get pissed
    about playing with the printcap file for no good reason
    if this is all bogus. Thanks.
    Strip

No, there is no UNIX-LPD server in the Lispm software.

In general, the way to find out if there's a server for a given protocol
is with (NETI:FIND-SERVER-NAMED <protocol-name>), e.g.
(NETI:FIND-SERVER-NAMED :UNIX-LPD).  If it returns a SERVER object
there's a server for it; if it returns NIL (as in this case) then
there's no such server.

                                                barmar