Re: Genera 8.1 CD-ROM Problem

    Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1991 19:19 EDT
    From: morse@zephyr.rap.ucar.EDU (Corinne Morse)

    I am attempting to do an initial CD-ROM installation of Genera 8.1 on our
    XL400.  After installing the CD-ROM hardware (a Sun CD-ROM drive), I
    reset the XL400 and followed the instructions to load the FEP kernal from the
    XL bootstrap tape.  The SCSI ID of the CD-ROM drive was 4.  After powering up
    the CD-ROM drive and inserting the CD-ROM, I did a disk restore:

I know that sun cd-roms and apple cd-roms require different drivers because
they have different command sets. Likely an XL400 cannot address a sun
cd-rom drive. On the other hand, I use one from my UXL400 without problems
because the CD-Rom is mounted on a sun, and the UX uses nfs to access it. If
you XL400 is on a network, possibly you could do the same.
----
 Brad Miller		U. Rochester Comp Sci Dept.
 miller@cs.rochester.edu {...allegra!rochester!miller}