Executing a command on another symbolics host

    Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1991 13:54 EDT
    From: dmitchell@trc.amoco.com (Donald H. Mitchell)

    I can use "execute command" from any symbolics to execute any unix command on
    any reachable unix host; however, it will not work to execute a genera command
    on another symbolics host.

It works for me, what error do you get?  If it's "<hostname> does not
support UNIX-REXEC service" then the problem is that you don't list
"UNIX-REXEC TCP UNIX-REXEC" in the service lists for your Symbolics
hosts.  You should get a proceed option "Use protocol UNIX-REXEC on
TCP", and it should succeed if you select this option.

                                                barmar