Networking Macintosh and Symbolics systems

    Date: Thu, 21 Nov 91 21:55:49 est
    From: western%scrc-pegasus@Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM (Michael Western)

    Some Symbolics animation customer sites have been having problems
    setting up file transfer capability between Macintosh and Symbolics
    systems.  These sites usually have artists who do not have a clue about
    networks or installing and configuring software.  I am therfore looking
    for a network software package for the Mac that will allow Macintosh
    users to perform file operations between the Mac and the Symbolics
    system just like they do between Macs currently, and Symbolics users to
    be able to perform file operations between the Mac and the Symbolics
    system just like they do between Symbolics systems.

    The key phases here are "simple to use" and "little or no training
    needed".  Any suggestions?

I am using "TCP/Connect II, Basic Version" from Intercon Systems Corporation.
Intercon Systems Corporation
Suite 390
950 Herndon Parkway
Herndon, VA 22070
703.709.9890

This is software for FTP and Terminal emulation that runs on the Mac. Seems
to work fine for transfer between my 3650 and a Mac on the ethernet
and I'm the artist without a clue who installed it!

elton abbott
elton@flash.tamu.edu
409-845-1934